Macro Extension Tube Ring Set for Micro M4/3 Four Thirds mount camera Olympus Panasonic
The set is consist of three tubes of different length, which can be used in any combination or individually to obtain the different magnification.
This Extension Tube set provides 3 extension tubes that can be added between the camera and the lens, to make the lens focus at closer distances and produce higher magnification. Extension tubes are metal tubes with a rear-lens mount at one end and a camera-body mount at the other end.
This Extension tube set does not affect image quality as there is no optics inside. In comparison, a close up filters are often blamed for degrading image quality. It moves the lens farther from the film or digital sensor.
There are no electrical contacts in the extension tubes. Exposure and focus have to be adjusted manually. Aperture control is not available if you use a lens which does not allow you to manually adjust the aperture (Without an aperture ring).
Made of metal
Olympus EP1 EP2 EPL1
PANASONIC G1 GH1 GF1 GF3 G2 G10
Please note: 4/3 and Micro M4/3 mount are different.
How to use:
Please note: when tubes attached, you need to do all manually, and it is important that you use lot of light.
There are some main steps how to use tubes:
1) set your lens to maximum aperture (recommend);
2) set-up camera and lens to manual mode, switch off and detach the lens;
3) attach extension tube between the camera and lens (look for red dots and align on mount collars; attach same way as lens);
4) put your camera on tripod, or better on rail system;
5) put object close to the lens and use lot of light (2-3 flashguns, or 3x 500w lamps, or at least 1 strobe-light, or take pictures outside in bright sun);
6) increase ISO, decrease shutter speed;
7) focus by moving camera further or closer (if on rail system), or use manual focus ring on lens mm by mm (very slow) until object in focus. Please remember that DOF (depth of field) is very small.
You don’t need to use all tubes together – you can combine tubes – shorter length you use, in viewfinder becomes lighter, but again not as high magnification as with all tubes together.
You will receive:
1x Extension tube set for M4/3 Four Thirds mount camera Olympus Panasonic